What does this mean for our classes?
What is happening at the venue?
What does this mean for me?
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds). And it is very important to dry them thoroughly.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 if you have any symptoms and have been to any countries or territories of concern or have been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19.
PARENTS CENTRE NATIONAL OFFICE MEDIA RELEASE 19 March 2020
PARENTS CENTRE TO CONTINUE ONLINE ANTENATAL CLASSES AMID COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Parents Centre is the leading provider of classes for new parents to learn about childbirth and transitioning to parenthood. Classes are run through 46 Centres around New Zealand.
“Covid-19 has meant we are rapidly changing the way we provide information for parents to make their decisions around childbirth and parenting,” says Chief Executive Heather Hayden.
“We have moved quickly to a more flexible approach, using video and on-line group meetings.”
For over 67 years, Parents Centre have been well known for providing high quality information in an interactive and engaging setting which encourages new parents to form a supportive peer group during pregnancy and once their baby is born.
“The information a new parent needs is time critical. We can’t tell them to come back in three months, so we have acted quickly to ensure all our parents who are in classes or have booked classes for the next few months don’t miss out.”
Currently new parents have a choice of attending classes in person or joining in through Zoom or other technology. If the situation changes and meetings can’t be held, then all classes will continue on-line.
Prospective parents who are in classes or have booked classes should contact their local Parents Centre for information on how their classes will continue.
“The most important thing for us is that those expecting to have their baby in the next few months should feel confident that they are getting the right information to help them become new parents while staying safe from Covid-19.”
“Please make sure you have the information you need to make the right decisions. Call your local Centre. They are there to help you become the best parent possible for your child.”
For more information contact:
Parents Centre NZ
You may also be interested in:
- New Packages for Course bookings - 11/06/2020
- COVID-19 Update - 20/03/2020
- We’ve moved! - 03/01/2020
- Parents Centre has a new look! - 13/09/2019
- 2019 Parent Education Bookings are open! - 31/01/2019
- Movie Night Silent Auction – The Lowdown… - 30/10/2017
- Rant’s in the Dark: A Book Review - 07/04/2017
- Sharing your Memories: Photo Printing and Apps - 07/04/2017
- Picture Perfect: 5 Tips to take great photos of your kids - 06/04/2017
- Life Hacks: Our Parenting Hacks - 20/02/2017