Renewing your Membership – What’s in it for you?
When it comes to renewing or rejoining your Mana Parents Centre membership, we often get asked “Well, what’s in it for me, I’ve had my baby, why would I want to still be a member?” Well, I can tell you, there are a lot of benefits in renewing after your first year!
My top picks are:
- Another six issues of the fantastic KiwiParent magazine – delivered to your door bimonthly, this has a RRP of $45.00
- 25% discount on a Whitby Toy Library membership – a saving of up to $18.75
- A voucher to use for any one Parent Education class on top of your discounted Member prices – worth $10 – so you could attend a class for free, ie Positive Discipline and Tantrums!
- One free fruit bag when you join My Food Bag (yum!) – worth up to $19
Instantly, those four things are worth up to $92.75*on their own… At the moment, you can renew or rejoin a lapsed membership for another year, for just $49 as a standard member, or $30 as a committee member, so there is a lot of value instantly.
But then there’s also:
- 20% discount on ANYTHING instore or online at Baby Factory (includes already discounted items!) on their bimonthly Parents Centre Days – as most memberships will be renewed around the time your baby is 8-10 months old, this could be really worthwhile for stocking up on clothing or if you have a big purchase in mind (think breast pumps, baby bottles, highchairs, car seats, buggies, portacots etc, you could be saving tens or hundreds of dollars….!)
- Members prices on an unlimited number of Parent Education classes, ie Positive Discipline, Magic Moments, CPR & First Aid for Parents and Caregivers, Bigger Baby and You, Mums & Bubs workouts… (and don’t forget you can use that $10 renewal voucher for any of our Parent Education classes) – saving up to $15** per class/course over non member prices
- Retail discounts at Egg Maternity, Hotmilk (maternity lingerie), Kai Carriers, Mumma Bubba Jewellery, and the College of Natural Health and Homeopathy
- Our exclusive Members only newsletter delivered to your email inbox with articles, news, competitions and giveaways
- First to be invited to great Special Events such as our Car Seat Information night, Open Day Coffee Groups, and workshops with our partners (keep an eye out for more coming up soon!)
- Attend the AGM (we do an oarsome supper!)
*Renewal Benefit Prices correct as of May 2016, subject to change. My Food Bag benefit only applicable to new subscriptions.
** $15 saving is for a couples ticket on Conscious Parenting: Magic Moments Course
More articles like this
- 2019 Parent Education Bookings are open! - 31/01/2019
- Movie Night Silent Auction – The Lowdown… - 30/10/2017
- Rant’s in the Dark: A Book Review - 07/04/2017
- Sharing your Memories: Photo Printing and Apps - 07/04/2017
- Picture Perfect: 5 Tips to take great photos of your kids - 06/04/2017
- Life Hacks: Our Parenting Hacks - 20/02/2017
- Life Hacks: The Depression Cake - 12/02/2017
- Member Benefit Updates for Nov 2016 - 10/11/2016
- Be Prepared for Anything – our essential kit for your Baby Bag - 10/10/2016
- Water Babies relaunched with a new name! - 25/07/2016