Want an excuse to “Party”?!
Once a month the Mana Parents Centre committee meets to drink tea (or wine!) and chat about keeping the show running!
How about thinking of volunteering as a New Years Resolution you can really be proud of?
Just how good can it be?
Volunteering has been linked with increased levels of happiness & decreased depression.
A recent article, Volunteering Could Boost Happiness, Decrease Depression And Help You Live Longer: Study, written by Sara Kondrath, PhD, outlines new research into the topic of volunteerism, health, and happiness.
People who volunteer report physical, mental, & emotional health benefits.
The Doing Good is Good for You: 2013 Health and Volunteering Study reveals key benefits of volunteering that make a positive impact on people’s health including feeling better mentally, physically, and emotionally.
We are ALWAYS recruiting committee members & especially need help to develop our events & fundraising activities. It doesn’t take nearly as much time commitment as you’d think!
Our next meeting is at 7.30pm, Wednesday 10th February 2016 @ Pember House
You may also be interested in:
- New Members Benefits for 2021 - 03/03/2021
- New Packages for Course bookings - 11/06/2020
- COVID-19 Update - 20/03/2020
- We’ve moved! - 03/01/2020
- Parents Centre has a new look! - 13/09/2019
- 2019 Parent Education Bookings are open! - 31/01/2019
- Movie Night Silent Auction – The Lowdown… - 30/10/2017
- Rant’s in the Dark: A Book Review - 07/04/2017
- Sharing your Memories: Photo Printing and Apps - 07/04/2017
- Picture Perfect: 5 Tips to take great photos of your kids - 06/04/2017